Sunday, November 18, 2007

Today

Remember Oscar the fish that Maya got for her birthday last February? He is still alive! That in itself is a miracle - a beta fish that survived for 9 months! Well this morning Maya and Jeremy were downstairs making breakfast. Maya said she wanted to see her Oscar. So Jer looked in his vase (his bowl broke so he is now in a vase) and he wasn't there. Jeremy got a little freaked out and started looking around. He found him lying lifeless on the cold, hard tile floor. He quickly put Maya on the couch to distract her and picked up Oscar. Oscar started moving a little, but he was all dried out and discolored. Once he put him back in the water, he came to life a little more, but he has not looked good all day. Can you believe he jumped out and landed on the ground??!! Below is a picture of how far of a fall it is. Please keep Oscar in your thoughts!! :)


Kenyon is crawling. It isn't quite an official crawl yet, but he can get across the room by pulling up on his hands and knees and doing some scooting/army crawling. I tried to get some video of it, but of course he was camera shy. I will get more video later. He is also getting his 3rd tooth. It is one on top. He is not a happy guy!

Maya has a cold so she has one runny nose, but it doesn't even phase her. That girls just keeps going! She woke up at 6:30 am this morning. Now let me tell you about my Sunday mornings - it is the one morning that Jeremy is home (he either golfs or works on Saturday mornings) so I take full advantage of it. I sleep in and Jeremy and Maya bring me breakfast in bed. So this morning when Jeremy went into Maya's room at the crack of dawn, he said, "Do you want to go watch a movie in our bed?" She replied, "No - I want to make breakfast for my mommy." First of all she is smart to remember that one day a week when daddy is home that is what happens. Second, what a sweetheart!

One more story - yesterday I was feeding Kenyon some squash baby food. The doorbell rang so I went to get it. He was very happy and content while I visited with a friend. When I came back over and this is what I found:

He had pulled the container of baby food off of the table and made a mess of himself, his high chair and the floor. Never a dull moment!

4 comments:

Denice said...

Love the pics of Kenyon with the baby food..too funny! How nice to get breakfast in bed every week!!

Laurel said...

Yeah. Never a dull moment with kids, and it only seems to get worse with age. Griff is Dennis the Menace incarnate, I swear!

That fish is quite the acrobat! I'll be interested to know if it makes it.

And breakfast in bed? How sweet! It's a good life!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

you have been busy on here! good job :) Looks like you did great with Kyle's kids..that sucks about the oil though! That is SO funny about the fish! ha! we had one, and it lived for over a year. Maybe its the house??? :) ( or floorplan I guess huh) Yes. you HAVE to join us next year, no questions asked!

Melissa said...

The food on his face is so cute and messy. Too funny. And what's up with the fish jumping out? Crazy!