Have you ever read this book? This was my day.
It started out with the passing of Oscar. Jeremy found him belly-up this morning. Maya didn't realize until later in the day. She cried and said she wants another fish. She keeps saying, "Oscar went to live with Jesus."
Next, Maya still has her cold. She was up off and on all night with a fever. When I don't get sleep I am grouchy.
Because Maya is sick, we couldn't go to gymnastics. When I am stuck in my house, I am not happy.
Kenyon is still fussy about that tooth that is coming in.
Maya only napped for 1/2 hour - usually she does 2-3.
Jeremy worked late.
And the final straw - I received an invoice via email from our adoption attorney. Now you have to know that their service has been awful. I have to call and email and call and email and call and email for several weeks to get a return call or email. I have always said that I can't complain until the adoption is final because they weren't charging us above and beyond our initial fees. I was wrong - dead wrong - $6,000.00 wrong! Yes, that is what they are charging for their #$%^^&*@#$% service.
And that my friends, is why we are headed to get Maya a new fish and treat ourselves to some yummy, delicious, fat-filled ice cream. Oh and tomorrow I will talk about everything I am grateful for, but today I needed to vent :).
8 comments:
Oh Brit,
What the frick? If I were you, I would call them and say this adoption had already be final and ya'll just forgot to tell me that part. I'm so sorry about your terrible day, that totally sucks, and to lose the fish, it's just too much. I hope tomorrow brings better news. Love to all of you!
Kristin
I'm so sorry Brit! Does not sound like an easy day but ice cream always makes things better. ;) At least you know not to refer anyone to this adoption service or use them if need be in the future! Sorry about Oscar passing away..my parents must have 10 fish buried in their back yard because I never had the heart to flush them when I was little. Hope things are looking up!
Oh My! Sorry about the crappy day. So does this mean that the adoption is FINALLY complete?
Not a good day! Whenever we have a bad day we sweeten it up with a HUGE bowl of ice-cream too. We need our escape and indulgence... and since we don't drink... we usually end each day with a bowl of ice-cream. Bad habit, but one I probably wont give up. haha Hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Love you guys!
CHECK OUT MY BLOG - YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!
That totally stinks. I am so sorry. You definately deserve a very large helping of ice cream!
Vent away, I feel for you, maybe a playdate will cheer you up, tell me when your free.
Post a Comment