Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

For Father's Day I surprised Jeremy with a night away with my girlfriends. How nice am I to leave him alone for 24 hours with all 3 kids?! :)



My trip: complete bliss! Me, two close friends and their little babies in the cool mountain air at a cabin.



Jer's stay at home: As I walked through the door this evening he said something about how he will NEVER quit his job and stay home with the kids. A minute later he mumbled something about taking a nap and still being completely wiped out (it was only 8:30 pm!). Tears actually formed in my eyes!



As I walked up the stairs I noticed this hole in the closet door:


Jeremy is pretty laid back so I couldn't imagine him punching a hole in the door - things must have gotten really bad! Okay, actually, he was holding one toddler and tripped over another while trying to get them in the bath. His elbow went right through the door. Now we have a souvenir from my weekend away!

Thank you Jeremy for being such an amazing father, husband and best friend. I love you!

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

What a fantastic hubby he is! Happy Fathers Day, Jeremy!

Emily B. said...

So funny! I think it's great when dads get a chance to see what we "really" do all day :)

Courtney said...

Elbow?!?! Come on... WE ALL know the truth! :) That was VERY nice of him to watch the kids... I'm just jealous! ;)