Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flesh Eating Monsters

As I tucked Kenyon in his crib last night, he pointed to the closet and said, "Monsters in there!"

"What?" I said. Wondering if my sweet, little almost 2 year old would already know about monsters.

Fear swept over his face, "Monsters eat me."

Ahh! How can this be? Where would he learn such a thing?

"Maya monster, eat me!" he went on.

Aha! That sweet, caring big sister of his has been chasing him around the house saying she is a monster that will eat him. Quite frankly, I often tell them both I will eat them because they are just so edible. In fact, just this morning when I asked Maya what she wanted for breakfast, she answered, "Kenyon" and went over to take a bite out of him. We do a lot of eating of each other around here.

So I told Kenyon, "Monsters are not real and if you see one you can say GO AWAY MONSTER!"

"Go away monster!" he said and drifted off to sleep.


He really is growing up.

Here is a picture of him on Monday when he said to me, "Choo choo on there." After he had been asking for several days I decided to take him to the train park and ride the train. Now he says, "Choo choo fun!"

4 comments:

Am-Biance said...

He is soooooo cute...They grow up so quick! Give your kiddos luvs :) Miss ya Brit~ When are you coming up for a visit??

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Poor kid! My brother used to tell me scary stories about stuff like that all the time. I was scared to death for a long time. Part of the fun of having siblings. :)

The Richards family said...

I could eat him up too!! He is so cute. Hey I just left you a award/tag on my blog. I love to look at your blog you are so funny and your kids are so dang cute!!

thearringtonclan said...

Try having 6 brothers telling stories about the Abominable Snowman then they tell YOU (ME) to get out of bed and turn off the light and make sure I jump quickly into bed so the monsters under the bed won't grab your foot!!!!!!! aaaghhhhh

Ummmmmm think I will stick to just eating the delicious food you make for us Britany... thanks a bunch...