Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Back

Christmas is taken down, preschool is back in session, playdates are planned - we are back in our groove. The holidays were fun, but I missed our life! Things were so chaotic that I felt like I rarely even made dinner for my family. I guess Maya noticed too because as I was putting tonight's dinner in the crockpot this morning, she asked, "Who is sick?"


"No one... why?" I responded.

"Who are you making dinner for?" She asked.

While I am flattered that she sees me serving others with meals, I was a little offended that she thinks I only cook when making dinner for others. Time to get back in the kitchen again!

And here is a picture of the cousins swimming while Riley and Tricia's family were here. We had so much fun! Grandpa and Grandma even kept all 7 grandkids one night so the adult kids could go out to dinner. They looked pretty worn out afterwards!

5 comments:

Julie said...

You have to know I'm laughing so hard at Maya's comment! Most mornings I get Joshua dressed he asks me "so where we going?"

Camille said...

Thanks for that dinner by the way....! DELICIOUS!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

That pool is looking very invititing! I love that you guys get to go swiming outside in Jan! I am happy/sad that the holiday's are over. Maya is hilarious and I can't wait to get her and Kenny together someday!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

The swimming looks so fun.I can dream of a nice warm swimming pool when it's so cold and freezing here. Bet you don't miss Utah in the wintertime...

Tatum said...

Feels good to be back! Kyle is working late.. like till 8 all week. Do you still want me and the girls tonight or should we re-schedule for next week? I'm happy either way. Your choice.