Just when I thought we had Kenyon all figured out, he turned on us again! Now he has been constipated so he is miserable and screaming most of the day. I took him for a checkup on Friday and the doctor said to switch formulas again. So we switched this weekend and he would not eat and just screamed. Today I switched him to yet another formula. By the end of his first year, we will own stock in the formula industry!
On a happy note, he is now cooing. It is so cute. It doesn't happen often since he is unhappy most of his life, but if you catch him at the right moment, it will melt your heart. He doesn't really smile big, just a slight smile and lots of cooing.
Maya is still on a potty strike so today I bought mini marshmallows and she gets one every time she goes. The problem is that it has created whining for marshmallows. In the past, if she asks for more please, she gets it. This is unheard of to only get 1!
If you have asked Maya how Nursery Class at church is, she usually tells you, "I push kids" or "Everybody push me." When I ask the leaders about it, they laugh and say there is not pushing going on. I was worried that Maya was the bully. So yesterday I asked her what she was going to do at Nursery today. This was our conversation:
Britany: What are you doing at Nursery today?
Maya: I push kids (pause) No!
Britany: You are not going to push kids?
Maya: No
Britany: Oh good, that makes Heavenly Father very happy.
Maya: Make Jesus happy?
Britany: It makes Jesus happy too.
Maya: Maya happy too.
One more story that is bordering inappropriate: Maya has seen tampons around the house and asked what they are for. I just tell her that Mommy needs them when she goes potty. So today at Wal-Mart she saw some tampons. She said, "Mommy uses those to wipe her bum-bum." :)
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment