Doesn't this picture look like he is saying, "What has happened to me?" I love it!
We had another great day here in Florida. We slept soooooo good last night and so did little Kenyon. He would wake up every couple hours to eat and then go back to sleep. What a good boy! We sure hope this lasts.
We didn't get up until about 11:30 today. We got ready and met Rebecca and her daughter Athena for lunch. After lunch, we went to the store to buy some supplies and then just came back to hang out at our hotel. It was really great to spend more time with Rebecca and Athena. Athena is such a fun 2 year old full of energy. Rebecca had moments where she was sad and got teary-eyed, but we are amazed at her strength. Also, physically the girl looks fabulous! She was in her jeans and high heels :).
Tonight we just gave Kenyon his first sponge bath and he didn't think it was that great. He got cold and then peed all over the place. I guess he is just preparing me for the rest of his life of cleaning up pee off the bathroom floor! :) Now we are all ready to go to bed. Tomorrow we are meeting up with Rebecca again to take Kenyon to the doctor for a follow-up exam. We are hoping to be able to go home to Arizona Saturday so please pray that interstate compact happens fast - we want to be home for Easter Sunday!
Some funny and not so funny moments:
1. At the hospital, we saw a cockroach run across the room. The hospital was a dive so this just reassured us that it was!
2. This morning we couldn't find our hotel key, Jer opened the door and we had left it in the door all night long. Do you think we were tired? :)
3. A very sad thing is that Maya will NOT talk to me on the phone. She has talked to Jer, but wants nothing to do with me. I think she is mad that I left her. Thankfully she is having a blast with Mama and Papa. Last night her and Papa took pillows and blankets out on the back patio and watched a movie.
We had another great day here in Florida. We slept soooooo good last night and so did little Kenyon. He would wake up every couple hours to eat and then go back to sleep. What a good boy! We sure hope this lasts.
We didn't get up until about 11:30 today. We got ready and met Rebecca and her daughter Athena for lunch. After lunch, we went to the store to buy some supplies and then just came back to hang out at our hotel. It was really great to spend more time with Rebecca and Athena. Athena is such a fun 2 year old full of energy. Rebecca had moments where she was sad and got teary-eyed, but we are amazed at her strength. Also, physically the girl looks fabulous! She was in her jeans and high heels :).
Tonight we just gave Kenyon his first sponge bath and he didn't think it was that great. He got cold and then peed all over the place. I guess he is just preparing me for the rest of his life of cleaning up pee off the bathroom floor! :) Now we are all ready to go to bed. Tomorrow we are meeting up with Rebecca again to take Kenyon to the doctor for a follow-up exam. We are hoping to be able to go home to Arizona Saturday so please pray that interstate compact happens fast - we want to be home for Easter Sunday!
Some funny and not so funny moments:
1. At the hospital, we saw a cockroach run across the room. The hospital was a dive so this just reassured us that it was!
2. This morning we couldn't find our hotel key, Jer opened the door and we had left it in the door all night long. Do you think we were tired? :)
3. A very sad thing is that Maya will NOT talk to me on the phone. She has talked to Jer, but wants nothing to do with me. I think she is mad that I left her. Thankfully she is having a blast with Mama and Papa. Last night her and Papa took pillows and blankets out on the back patio and watched a movie.
2 comments:
he is so cute! He looks like he has chubby cheeks! Sounds like you are having a ton of fun with him!
thanks for the fun updates!
He is ADORABLE!! I’m so happy for you guys!! I can't believe how much hair he has..
Get use to getting peed on. I got this little teepee thingy for my shower. I thought it was a joke - looked so silly – thought I’d never use it. But guess what?? it’s time for a new one and Harley is only 9 weeks old.
I'll be sending you one!! :-)
Post a Comment