Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Trip to the zoo with families like ours...


On Saturday we went to the zoo with an Arizona Transracial Adoptive Families group we are in. It was so much fun! I love to be with other families that look like ours so that Maya will grow up knowing that we are not alone. Jer paid particularly close attention to the looks we were getting from others... From the picture I am sure you can assume there were many! We bought a year long membership while we were there so we are excited to go back and visit the zoo often.


After the zoo, Jer and I dropped Maya off at my parents house and went on our anniversary getaway. It was an overnight trip to a resort in Scottsdale. I love being a mom, but it was SO nice to take a break and just focus on the 2 of us again. The best part was all of it! We shopped, ate out, went for ice cream, sat in the hot tub, slept in, and went to brunch. Jeremy doesn't ever want to go away as much as I do, but once we were there, he agreed that we need to do this more often!

0 comments: