

Today I mastered a hair do on Maya I have been wanting to attempt for quite a while. I am often proud of myself for the fact alone that I can do Maya's hair and amaze people (especially African American people). It sure feels good when they ask who does it and I reply, "I do." So today I managed to braid it (well they are actually twists not braids) all of the way around her head up into a puff. At first I didn't like it on her and then I was really mad because I had spent all of that time doing it. But as the day has gone by, it is really growing on me and the best part about it is that it looks really impressive. Take a look for yourself! This is a picture of her with her friend Destany (also a transracial adoptive family).
In other news, since Maya turned 2 just 5 days ago, the tantrums have increased 100%. She is officially in her terrible 2s. I thought that I was a really patient person after being a school teacher, but she is pushing me to the limit. Then today she keeps yelling "SHIT." I can't blame that one on the church Nursery - she got that one from me. AHHH! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment