Today is the real day, Maya turned 2! My baby is officially a big girl. 2 sound so old. I am really ready for another baby now :).
I decided to write Maya a letter letting her know how much I love her so here it goes:
Dear Maya,
Congratulations on turning 2! You are such a big girl now. I love that you made a quick change from telling people you are 1 to now telling them you are 2. You are SOOOO smart! Every day you amaze me at the words and phrases you know. I love this latest stage you are in because I can reason with you and you completely get it. There are so many "almost tantrums" that are prevented because I can calmly tell you what we are going to do instead of what you want to do at that moment. I love your patience and understanding!
My favorite thing you do right now is say "I love you too Mommy" when I tell you that I love you or sometimes when I haven't said anything at all. My other favorite thing is the big hug that I get when you wake up. You give the best hugs! You are also VERY polite. I have been told many times that people don't know another toddler that polite. You ALWAYS say please, thank you and sorry. Sometimes you say them even when it is not necessary - like if I bump into you, you tell me sorry instead of the other way around :).
I love your outgoing nature. No matter where we go, you are constantly saying hi to new people. We never went through a stage with you where you were afraid to be around strangers. I know that you will use this to do good in the world. You seem to already seek out those that need a little extra attention and give it to them. You are very loving and caring!
Your birthmom, Maria, and birthaunt, Janice, both sent me messages today wishing you a happy birthday. What a lucky girl you are to have 2 families to love and support you!
I am constantly amazed that we have the privilege to be parents to such a little angel! You make each day a fun adventure. You have brought so much happiness and joy to many people. As we enter your third year of life, I can't wait to see what lies before us.
I love, love, love you!!
Mommy
6 years ago
1 comments:
Hey Brit,
Kyah and Kasey were just looking over my shoulder and they said, "Hey, that's Maya." They were so excited to see her on the computer. Blogs r good.
Ginni
Post a Comment