Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sighting

Have you ever seen a scorpion? If not, check out this link. I couldn't bear to post a pic of the ugly creature that we found in our garage on this here blog.

I know scorpions exist in Arizona.

I know scorpions exist in our neighborhood.

I know that scorpions do NOT exist on my street, in my yard or in my house...

until tonight!

I was pulling in the garage and I saw it on the wall in front of me. I immediately called Jeremy (who was inside the house) and told him to come to the garage right now. He later informed me that he thought someone had died. By the time he came down, the little rascal was gone. I told him he must find it...

He found a cricket and thought for sure I had mistaken the cricket for a scorpion. I knew I had seen a scorpion all right. We go scorpion hunting in my parents' neck of the woods so I have seen plenty of them to know that I can't mistake that eery creature for a cricket.

So he kept searching and searching and finally he found it. It was hiding under a box right down from the wall I had seen him on. The box was recently put in our garage by Jeremy. He brought the box home from a job site. It is full of miscellaneous work stuff. I am 100% confident that the box also contained the scorpion. He was a transport. We are not raising scorpions here on Kiva Avenue and if I find out we are, I will be out of here faster than you can google pics of scorpions.

Enough said.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Now you know how I felt at Joe's Farm Grill for being accused of having a FLY on my arm?!?! IT WAS A SCORPION!?!?! (Our husbands are REAL supportive!! ;)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That is hillarious! I would have died, for sure! I hate any creepy crawly thing! Glad he found it and could get rid of it!