Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update Without Pictures

For some strange reason, the pictures of the following events that are on my phone will not transfer to my computer. I have tried and tried and now I am just going to post without pictures because it has been far too long since I posted.

1. Maya did loose both of her 2 front teeth. She looks different, but very cute.


2. Maya did switch to a new school. I had a hard time way back when registering her for kindergarten deciding which school to send her to. I had taught at a charter school in Utah that I LOVED and knew there was one here with similar curriculum, but decided to go with the neighborhood school. When a good friend recently switched her daughter to the school with curriculum I am used to and started talking about the school, I was sold. It was a tough decision because Maya loved her teacher and friends at her first school, but she has adjusted just fine and we are happy with our decision.

3. Kenyon went on a field trip to the fire station last week. He loved it and I loved the one on one time with just him.

4. Kenyon's hand is almost completely healed. Yay!

5. Baby J has had an ear infection every other weekend for the past 3 months. Remember... she has tubes. So frustrating!

6. Baby J is still going to be with us for a while. Her grandpa who lives in Washington wants to adopt her, but nothing is moving quickly. Next court date is January.

7. Devin is talking so much lately! He even copies things I say such as "bummer" ("ummma") or "I love you" ("uh nuh uh"). Such a genius! :)

8. Devin is pulling up and balancing and I am really hoping he walks soon so that he has it mastered before February when little brother comes along.

9. We have a 6 year old boy staying with us this week since his foster family is out of town. He is sweet and the kids are having fun with him.

10. We went to D's (previous foster son) birthday party this weekend. It was fun to see him again and see how well he is doing with his grandma.

11. Niki came in town last weekend and took family pics for us. I think they turned out good and can't wait to post them soon.

12. Next week is Fall Break and we are headed to California to go to Disneyland and the beach and we can't wait!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Tatum said...

So much exciting news! You are so busy... I don't know how you do it. And your family pictures are gorgeous! Let's get together soon!

Mandy said...

Wow, lots going on at your house. I am sad you aren't wanting to come back to Utah to go to APA. Ha ha ha. I'll be interested in hearing more on Maya's new school! Love to you and the kids and Jer.