Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sickness

Let's talk swine flu. Have you gotten it? I feel like everyone has and we have NOT. I really can't believe it because I feel like Kenyon and baby J catch everything. Right now they have caught colds that I am sure baby J's will turn into an ear infection any day. But do you take her to the doctor and risk catching swine flu? Or do I take all 3 with me and hope that they do get it and be done with it so I can stop stressing about where I am taking them and if I have washed their hands recently?

The dilemmas I face right now... :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

i face this dilemma everyday, what to do. well shopping cart cover to the rescue, except i need one that fits a costco shopping cart.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Amen to that. I have Maren going to a babysitter who watches a few other kids each day, I'm so worried she will pick something up. That would NOT be good news for Kate. I just want to keep them inside at home with me all the time.

Andy and Kiara said...

It's tough! We think we've had it, but I still worry. Two of the kids got the flu bad. One, and me and Daddy, didn't. Does that mean we're still at risk? Ugh. I hate worrying about this!

Tara said...

I know what you mean. We have been avoiding the doctors office despite a few colds. I thought that we had had it until my neighbors little boy got it and he had 105 degree temp and is still getting worse. Maybe ours was just a cold. We went and got the vaccine for the twins. So far so good. There out of the mist in UT so the boys havent been vaccinated.

Tatum said...

We haven't had it. I pray we won't get it. Be grateful it is just a cold... right? Skip the doctor, cold medicine?

Tricia said...

K, so I was trying not to get to excited about Swine Flu. Shauna said the Media is making it sound worse then it really is. But she did say that they are seeing lots of kids every day with it, however, it seems like it is mellowing out from what it was this spring. She was not sold on the shot, and my Dr has not really been pushing it to me. I thought I was going to just hope for the best. Then I found out that kids in Chelseys and Corbins school have it, and it kind of freaked me out a little. Keegan and Kaylix have had the croup along with other things that I am sure have been brought home by the big kids. So, now, I am thinking that I will get the shot for everyone, if only I can find it. I had intended on going this week, but no one has the mist or the shots anymore. My Dr. keeps saying they will have it in November, so I am going to try and be the first one there. I say better to take the precautions then have Keegan get sick and not be able to kick it all winter and have the winter that I did last year!
So, really no answers to your dilema, just sharing mine too!