Saturday, August 8, 2009

Utah Trip: Bear Lake

For Grandpa's 80th birthday, the whole crew stayed at a cabin at Bear Lake




Notice my nephew in the bottom-left corner, Kenyon wanted to be like him:



We had some killer games of spoons!



And spent lots of time looking out the front window:

Lots of good food!

And quality time with family!

Here are the terrible two year olds!


One day we headed to the lake...
We rented a boat (Kenyon and I on one tube and Chelsey on the other)


Ashley and Maya on a tube


Kenyon was in his element:


And then he crashed for a nap on the beach.

These ladies built an intense sand castle.

And buried Maya, of course.


Another day we headed to the Minnetonka Cave. I hiked those 400 steps up and down carrying this monster most of the way.


It was a cold 40 degrees in there.

Some of the group


It was really pretty around there - Grandpa and Kenyon


And that was the 5-day Bear Lake portion of our trip. Coming up soon - back to the Salt Lake Valley for visits with friends and family.

4 comments:

cami said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome vacation! I love the big group shot - making some great memories! Your kids are getting so big - we need to get together before they enter high school! ;)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

How fun! Did you stay in Garden City? We are headed up there for Labor Day weekend and you got me excited!

Denice said...

Looks like so much fun! I haven't been to bear lake since I was a kid! Love the pic of Kenyon and the smores..priceless!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

CUTE pictures!!! Love Bear Lake! See you guys soon...hopefully!