First of all, the baby is staying for a "while." How long is a while, you ask? We don't know! CPS called today to say it would be a while. In my mind, I am thinking month(s), but I am trying not to think about it.
Thank you for all of your congratulations, best wishes, etc. on our new placement. I thought I better do some explaining about this new journey we have embarked upon.
After Maya came along and before Kenyon joined us, we thought about doing foster care. We truly feel blessed with the ability to love and care for children that are not our own biological children. This is not the case for everyone and we realize this, thus we realize that many of you out there think we are CRAZY for doing foster care. As we thought about doing it before, we decided that we needed to get the children into our family that were to come to our family through adoption and then open our hearts to foster care.
We have felt prompted that now is that time. We are very happy and content with our 2 children. They bring us more happiness and joy than we can even comprehend. If we never adopt again, we are complete. We are in foster care to help families heal and be reunited. We are not going into this looking to adopt, but if an adoption were to come from it, of course we would be open.
So where do we go from here? We will love on this little one as much as we can. We will take this opportunity to provide her a safe, structured home where His spirit presides for however long He allows us to keep her. And will it hurt if/when we let her go? YOU BET! But we would like to believe that we will all be better off because of it.
P.S. I am really struggling with what to do about posting pics of the little princess on here. For now I have decided not to, but at some point I might go private and then share more. If you want to see her, come visit!
6 years ago
14 comments:
Well, I'll just be the first to post and say that I think it's wonderful what you are doing. You're right that not everyone can love "someone else's" child, but of course there are so, so many children in the system that need someone to be in their lives and provide the stability and caring that they desperately need. It's an incredible service and a blessing to everyone to have families like yours out there helping to heal the wounds of whatever has caused a child to be without a mother or father. I know for sure that the impact of what you're doing is immense in the life of a child and it's really, really awesome. I admire you so much and... I think I need to come see you, so I can get my eyes on ALL the cute kiddos in your house! All the best, Britany, I really love what you're doing!
I am so glad there are people in the world, such as yourselves! You make me tear up about how giving you are of the best possible gift which is love. I'm so glad we have become friends. You inspire me!
You guys are great! What a lucky little girl to be in such a loving home, no matter how long she is there I know she will benifit from your love and example!
You guys are so amazing! I have so often wished for the love, patience and structure you two provide your family! I feel like I can constantly learn from your example. I hope to come visit soon.
She is SUCH a LUCKY little girl!! You guys are GREAT parents and have such a fun and cute little family!! Its so fun to see the new little one around you and your kids... she is SO happy and excited to see you guys!! I think its a great experience for you AND your kids!! You guys are GREAT examples of pure LOVE! :)
I think what you are doing is awsome. Good luck. Can you come on our girls trip to St. George and bring her? :)
I love you Brit! I wish there were more people like you and Jer on this earth. It would be a much more beautiful place to be!
Kami
I think it's totally awesome what you are doing. I have so much respect for foster parents. My dad is a social worker and placed children in foster homes when I was younger, and he would sometimes bring them home and my heart just went out to these kids and wanted them to be happy and find a safe place. I have no doubt your home will be a haven for these children.
I'm still trying to finalize my travel plans for this week. I will let you know as soon as we make them!
I think this is amazing. Bravo to you! Any child who comes to your home is lucky.
I wish I could come visit! I totally commend you for fostering and would NEVER think you are crazy!! If anything, I admire you SO much more than I already did because it just shows how much love you have and how strong you are! My parents fostered a few kids before I was born and my mom still thinks about each of them and wonders where they are now. You are very blessed but these foster kids are even more blessed to be in such a wonderful home..regardless of how long it is for. ;)
You guys are amazing - no doubt about it. It really does take amazing people to open their hearts and homes to foster children & not always know the outcome of everything. She is blessed to be able to come to your home!
Wow you guys are doing something so amazing. I really don't know if I could do it. You are giving the world to this little girl and it is really so cool. What a blessing for her and I know you guys will be blessed to have her spirit in your home.
Wow. So much has been happening for you. You are awesome... good luck with everything...I'll keep checking for updates here :-)
That's awesome! I love hearing about kids that are in loving foster homes. What better home to be in than yours!
Post a Comment