Friday, August 14, 2009

Kenyon's Foot

Last week the kids had some friends over. They were jumping off of this slide like they often do.


Kenyon landed on his foot weird. He cried for a minute, but was then back up playing. We noticed that he limped on it a little, but it never was bruised or swollen so we thought we would just watch it.

A week later, he seemed to be limping even more, but never complained of it hurting. We finally decided to take him to the Children's Urgent Care last night. Let me start off by saying the dr was a total jerk. He came in and before saying, "Hello" or "How are you," he said, "I don't know why you came to Urgent Care a week later. I don't know what you expect me to do. You should have went to your pediatrician." I informed him that I called my pediatrician and since they don't do x-rays, I came here for an x-ray. He went on to say that jumping from 3 feet on a foot that is mostly cartilage and few bones would most likely not break anything. Okay, well we still wanted an x-ray.

After the x-ray came back, he said it showed a line on a bone. He couldn't tell if it was a fracture or a growth line so he referred us to an orthopedic dr and sent him home in a splint. For now, we don't know if it is a break or nothing at all, but doesn't he look cute?!


Appointment with Ortho Doc on Monday so for now we just wait!

11 comments:

cami said...

Oh, yes he is super cute! I hope it's not broken, a cast would be very irritating to wear for very long. Sorry you got such a crummy doctor at the urgent care!

Tara said...

I have probably told you before that I had the worst experience with an Insta Care Doc when Jack was 8 weeks. I talked with my ped about it and he said that it is so different when you don't have an exhisting relationship with the docter and you are coming for Urgent care. He told me to always try and wait until morning unless it is truly an emergency, in that case, go to the emergency room. I have however gone back to Insta Care since, just because the hours are much more convenient.

I am glad Kenyon is feeling better. And, he sure looks cute!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Oh my gosh, poor guy! He does look super cute but I hope it is not broken! How frustrating to have to put up with that rude Dr!
Tonight was fun, thanks for the invite!

Julie P said...

Oh my gosh I hate rude doctors!!

But Kenyon sure looks dang cute. :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

POor baby. One thing I have learned is that some doctors really have no business being in the medical profession. Uggg. That guy sounds like a piece of work. Hope Kenyon feels better soon!!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Sorry Britany! Holy cow - talk about adding insult to injury. Sometimes I hate doctors!
He is a cutie & I hope everything turns out well!

Tatum said...

Poor guy. Dr's are jerks. Sure hope it is nothing at all. He does look pretty happy and cute.

The Lees said...

Looks like he is in good spirits. What a cutie. I love all the pics from your vacation. My favorites are Maya laying out in the sun and Kenyon going fishing. So cute!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

oh wow! you didnt tell me! that is crazy!! Poor guy, has it slowed him down at all? that Dr ....turn him in! that is so weird. i can cover phones for you tomorrow..just let me know when

Midori said...

He looks so happy with his splint on! Funny guy. Luckily, you have such mellow kids, they are not bothered by anything! Hope the apmt. went well today.

Am-Biance said...

OUCH! I hope that he is doing better...sending lots of luvs :) He is stinkin' cute!!!!