We made it home! I can't even begin to tell you how happy we are to be home. The first couple days of the trip were wonderful. The kids were sleeping really well, the flight went perfect and I was beginning to think that single parenting wasn't too bad. Then it happened: the kids got sick! Kenyon was hit first with a stomach bug. The poor kid was throwing up and still has diarrhea 10 days later. It was so sad. For the most part he was in an okay mood still, but he wasn't sleeping great at night. Then when I thought he was getting better, Maya caught a cold. It was an awful cold so then she wasn't sleeping at night because she was up coughing. It was horrible. Thankfully, it all hit when my mom was staying with me at my aunt's house so she would get up with Kenyon and me with Maya (Maya was SO ornery and would only want me to take care of her). Needless to say, I was so ready to come home yesterday and immediately handed the kids to Jer and took a 3 hour nap.
I will post some cute pics of the trip later. Sorry to all of the people that I was supposed to get together with in Utah and canceled on because of my sick kids. I was really bummed about not seeing good friends.
0 comments:
Post a Comment