Owen Jeremy made his appearance on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 3:00 am. Weighing in at exactly 8 pounds and measuring 21 inches long, he is just perfect.
This is the last picture taken of me pregnant, just a couple of days before delivering.
I started having contractions Saturday night. They weren't regular until Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon when they were close and stronger, we headed to the hospital. Once there, they slowed way down and I was still dialated to a 3 (as I had been at my dr appt earlier in the week) so they sent us home. I was so depressed, but knew that I was in true labor. Several hours later the contractions were close again and much, much stronger than before. We headed back to the hospital and this time I was dialated to a 5 and ready to go.
Here is a picture shortly after getting the epidural... you don't want to see the ones Jer took before the epidural :).
7 hours after arriving at the hospital, Owen was born. Although the epidural was fabulous at first, it didn't work long on my right side so I can proudly say I was able to experience 1/2 of a natural birth - I felt everything on the right side of my body from contractions to the stitches after - YIKES!
Things are going well now, other than the aftermath of delivering a large 8 pound baby. The kids are adjusting as to be expected - lots of drama and chaos! Thankfully Jer is home this week so we are trying to enjoy the family time, even if it is crazy!
Here are some more pics:
26 comments:
Congrats you guys! He is so beautiful. Little Maya will love being surrounded by so many handesome boys. I am so thrilled for you.
Priceless, he is beautiful! I can not believe your epideral only half way worked!
Hooray! Congratulations, and how fun to see pics. You did great, Mama. So proud of you! :)
OMG congratulations!!! he's beautiful! And I can't wait to meet him in person :)
Congrats!! Love his name. Great job, Mama! Enjoy the bonding (and all the best in coping with the chaos). The good news: This too shall pass. The bad news: This too shall pass. Someday, he won't fit up all snuggly under your neck/on your chest. I so miss that. Enjoy.
Phew!! You did it! I still can't believe how big he is. Take advantage of Jeremy being home. Can't wait to meet him. :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Sandy is in trouble for not calling me. Actually, maybe she called my cell phone, I'll have to check my messages there. I am not a cell phone girl, kinda weird.
So happy for your whole family. Way to go Owen for making sure Daddy was home! :)
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! What a beautiful family!
YAY! Congratulations - he's beautiful! And I think he looks so much like Jeremy.
My FAV pic is the one of you & Devin looking down on your sweet baby. Precious!
Take care of yourself - and congrats again!
O.J. is seriously so darn cute and I had fun playing with Kenyon today at the park. I will see you Monday!
He is so precious! Love the name. Sorry the epidural wore off. I can't imagine not having it work. So glad you guys are doing well!
Yay! Congratulations!
He sure looks like Jeremy to me!
Keep the updates and photos coming!
Congrats!! That is so wonderful. Totally stinks about your epidural - hope that doesn't happen to me in a few months.
congratulations! Oh I can just imagine the chaos. I missed my kids but I DID NOT want to leave the quiet peaceful hospital:) enjoy him!
Hooray! He is so cute!! I LOVE the last picture of Devin and Owen!!
So Amazing!!I am so SO happy for you guys...what a blessing! He is just perfect, congrats...and ENJOY! :)
He is absolutely PERFECTION. Good job! Especially with just half an epidural, oh boy. Take life slow and easy and have fun! I'm so excited for you. The kids look so excited to have another baby to love on.
Yay! Congrats. What a big boy! Maya looks so sweet with him. She is such a cute big sister. I hope she can still hold her own with all those boys around!
A Thousand congratulations!!!! He is beautiful! Much love and wishes for a healthy recovery (8 lbs! Sheesh!)
I have to giggle everytime I see the picture of all of you at the hospital. I always think, "Wow, that's a lot of kids."
Ummm....yes, Kiara, it is. That is how many you have, too. Must be Mommy brain. :)
I have to giggle everytime I see the picture of all of you at the hospital. I always think, "Wow, that's a lot of kids."
Ummm....yes, Kiara, it is. That is how many you have, too. Must be Mommy brain. :)
Congratulations!!! He is so perfect! LOVE the name Owen! What can I do for you?! Can I take your kids to the park? Bring u meals? What night works best this week? I'm texting u...
Little Devin looks so big now! Owen is adorable. And I love the name too. I can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations!
Just saw this!!! CONGRATS!!! So excited and happy for you and your fam. He is beautiful!! Love you and miss you. I was just remembering the other night about laying out in Black Beauty at the dunes. Good times!!
Congrats what a cute little guy.
I am SO behind on my blogging and checking blogs..I'm so sorry this is a month late! Congratulations!!! He is just beautiful and I am so glad the labor and delivery went well!!
Post a Comment