Today my little girl turns 6. Last night I was looking for old pictures of her and came across lots of video clips of when she was a toddler/preschooler. She was the only child and the center of our world. Wait a minute... she still is, but has 2 1/2 brothers that have joined her there! In the picture above, she was 14 months so just around Devin's age. I love that she was already sporting her braids and beads!
Some of Maya's milestones this year are starting Kindergarten, losing more teeth, learning to ride a bike without training wheels, learning to read and add and subtract, learning all about music at her Let's Play Music class, becoming a jump rope queen who can out-jump Grandpa Gary in a contest, and so much more.
I have been telling her that when she turns 6, she has to start changing diapers. One day she told me she didn't want to turn 6 so I had to tell her I was kidding. That said, I know she could change diapers and run this entire household if she needed to. She will inform me of what Devin or Kenyon want/need before I get a chance to assess the situation. She gets Devin out of bed some days and entertains him until Mom can pull herself from bed. Truly, she is an amazing helper!
We are celebrating by letting her pick where we eat out tonight and then we will have a party with Daddy and friends this weekend at Chuck E. Cheese's.
Happy Birthday Maya!

4 comments:
She is so cute! Happy Birthday Maya!
P.S. I was wondering if you got my email a few weeks ago...if not, I must have the wrong email address!
Happy Birthday cute Maya! I thought of you as soon as I looked at the date on the calendar. Pam says Happy Birthday too! (She's at my house right now.) We love you big sister birthday girl Maya!
Oh what a cute girl. Happy Birthday to you Maya!
Post a Comment