
I was thinking today how I rarely post about my sweet Maya. The poor girl is at school ALL day and misses out on so much. Then when she is home for the couple of hours before bedtime, they are so rushed with music lessons, t-ball practice (just started this week for Kenyon), family bike rides, quick stops at the park, dinner, baths/showers, homework, dad leaves for school and kids go to bed. I hardly take time to take pictures during this packed 3 hours. Then after she is asleep in bed I start to feel sad for all of the time I am away from her. (Remind me of this post in the middle of the summer when I am wishing they were back in school!)
All of this got me to thinking that I needed to do a quick post in honor of that girl who keeps us constantly laughing. She has lots of sassitude that as long as it is not being used in a mean way is so awesome. She can bust a move like no other 7 year old. Owen can only say "Mom," "Dad" and "Aya" for a reason - she is the sweetest big sister ever. Devin will go to her with owies because she can mother him back to happiness quickly. Although her and Kenyon have been beating the tar out of each other lately, I love to see them give big hugs to each other when they get home from school. She is always telling Kenyon he is "keeping it real" and the other day she told him he was "keeping it really real."
Her Primary Teacher and PE Teacher (who happens to live on our street) are continuously filling us in on her latest funnies. She made a Super Bowl bet with her PE Teacher where she would have to sing "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart" in front of her class if her team lost and then she cheered they would lose so she would get to sing. At church she makes up these crazy dance moves to answer questions and they have all kinds of dance parties in there. I often worry about what she tells all of these teachers since her imagination is wild, but I hope they have quickly discovered that is just our Maya. She is full of it - stories, drama and love. Sure love that girl!
6 years ago
2 comments:
That is so true, i always feel guilty about not posting about my older two. Its just how it goes some times.
Maya sounds like she is just a ball of energy and fun! So cute!
We miss Maya! Love the update on what she's up to. :)
Post a Comment