This Owen is a sensitive soul. He acts as if he is a first child, crying out at loud noises and screams from the other children. He will cry sometimes when I sneeze. He even cries every morning when I turn on the blender to make our morning smoothies. Don't even get me started on what a light sleeper he is! I can't get over how he heard all of this in the womb and still is so affected by it.
Several weeks ago I put a mobile in his crib and turned it on. He cried and cried so I put it away. Then today I tried again and guess what...

He loved it! There is hope. Come on Owen, you are #4 so like it or not, you need to get used to lots of noise and chaos!
4 comments:
Lucy is so sensitive too...I can't figure it out!!
LOL Poor kiddo. It is a mystery! :)
My sensitive one was #2. Now, at age (almost) 4, he has moved on. He's now #2 of 4 and he doesn't cry at noises anymore. Now, he cries when he thinks he's hurt someone's feelings. How did I cope -
I tried to avoid noises/situations (but I only had 2 kids then!0
And...I honestly, mostly ignored it. He never really got an extreme reaction from me (even as an infant). A hug, yes. Words? Mostly: no.
"Enjoy" - and think, you might have a really caring man on your hands someday!
Poor Owen... he'll grow out of it having his two older brothers around!! ;)
Post a Comment