Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday Gift

Today is my big day, although it doesn't feel as big as last year when I turned the big 3-0. 31 just doesn't seem as exciting.

I requested a date night, but told Jer not to buy me any gifts. I have received an unexpected gift recently and it is growing inside my belly.

I.AM.PREGNANT


Can you believe it? Did you almost fall over like I did? Do you need to see the 3 pregnancy tests that I took and we still didn't believe it until we heard it from the doctor's mouth? We were shocked!

And now we are so excited and feel so blessed. It is a constant reminder that we are not in charge here on Earth. We have a loving Father in Heaven who has a plan for each and every one of us. It became so clear why it took us 8 1/2 years to conceive... because we have 3 beautiful children who needed to come to our family through adoption. We have also had the opportunity to foster 2, which we probably wouldn't have had things happened in a different order.

It has been very humbling... and hilarious too! I can't help but laugh when I think about conversations with Jeremy over the past year. When he kept informing me that "WE ARE DONE WITH KIDS" after Devin was born, he would say he was going to get a vasectomy to make sure and even went as far as to say that if God wants us to have another baby, he will put one in my belly. I don't think you can challenge God...

The little bambino is due February 26th.

24 comments:

Brandon and Kim said...

AWESOME!!!. Congratulations what a great birthday gift

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

That is the best present ever!! We are so so excited for you guys!

Bre said...

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Julie P said...

I just read this TWICE and my chills are still not going away. Plus, the tears. Oh man. A miracle baby. God is great - to get every child to each family when and how they're supposed to come. FABULOUS.

Jill and Preston said...

I am SOOO excited for you! I really can't believe it! I guess those babies come how and when they want to.

Ann Fisher said...

Oh my heck!!!! That is unbelievable and amazing! Congratulations!!!!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

that is a great announcement post! Happy Happy Birthday! Hope your day is fantastic!

Tatum said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I'm smiling ear to ear! I am so incredibly happy for you and your family!!!

I hope you have the most perfect birthday too!

Mandy said...

Wow, what a crazy unexepected turn of events. So very happy for you both! Lots of love to you!!!!!

Katie said...

Wow! What a surprise! Congrats! All the best for a healthy pregnancy and birth.

Kami said...

Absolutely amazing, Brit! I am SO happy and excited for you and pretty speechless. Wow! Love you and your family!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDDAY BRITANY TODAY IS MY B-DAY CONGRATS TO THE NEW BABY ON BOARD!!! KISS ALL THE BABIES FOR ME AUNTIE LOVE THEM ALL MUAH :) WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO GEORGIA??? THE HOT OLD SOUTH???

AUNTIR RISSA :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh My goodness!!! That is so awesome! Congratulations you guys!! So thrilled for you!

Emily B. said...

OMG OMG OMG!!! Congratulations!!!!! Let the countdown 'til February begin :)

We make plans and God laughs, no? ;)

Andy and Kiara said...

How fun that you decided to announce on your birthday. I can't stop being excited for you. I can't wait to see your growing belly. :)

Gygi Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you! What a blessing!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Oh my GOSH! Congrats you guys!!! :)
And I know you're right! You have such an amazing family that was supposed to be created the past 8+ years & now you get to experience the joys (OK - I'm trying not to let any sarcasm sneak in - pregnancy CAN be fun!) of pregnancy.
WE are so, so, so happy for you guys!

lisa winnett said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. God really is in charge isn't he? So excited for you guys!

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you guys. Now I say let's go gorge ourselves with food;) Me for sympathy of course.

Kristin said...

Now see... I would be wondering what I had done to piss God off... if this were me. :) Just kidding... I'll probably get struck with lightening for that one. I'm so very happy for you! Very cool news indeed! Happy Birthday Brit! Love you!

Am-Biance said...

ahhhhh!!!(screaming, smiling, jumping up and down) i cannot believe it!!!! I am super excited and so very, very happy for you!! Sending you all the best and lots of hugs!!!

Burton Fam said...

Brit!!!!!!! I am freaking out for you right now!!!!! I am jumping up and down! Congrats! Love you guys!

Denice said...

I am just getting caught up with the blog and I am SOOOOOO excited for you!!! Congratulations!!!!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Hold the phone....hold the freakin' phone! Just goes to show I should read the ENTIRE page before posting!
Congrats, congrats, congrats congrats a 1000 times congrats! I am sooooo happy for you! Best present ever! I can't wait to follow your pregnancy. What a perfect plan he has for us.