Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The ladies are earning their keep!

This morning I kept hearing the chickens making all kinds of crazy noises bright and early. After Maya woke up, we went out to explore. We couldn't find "Blackjack" (as Maya so graciously named her) and then suddenly found her in the corner behind our garbage cans. When we moved her away, 3 eggs were sitting beneath her.


Scrambled eggs anyone?

4 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that is the BEST part about having chickens! so fun huh!!!

The Lees said...

Too cool! Entertaining and useful. I'm thinking I should get some chickens.

Midori said...

Nice to get eggs! I hear they taste different. Did the squaking wake you up??

Andy and Kiara said...

We call those crazy noises their 'victory squack'. :) Do they have a nesting box yet? If you don't start them early, they will lay them all over the place for the rest of their busy egg-laying lives!