After the reunion, we dropped my dad off at the airport to fly back to AZ and my mom and I took the kids and headed to Wyoming to stay with my grandparents. They live in a tiny town with not much to do, but the kids were in heaven! They could roam the property free (unless we got whiff of a skunk smell and then we called them inside since there have been some skunk sightings in their yard recently).
I can't tell you how many hours they spent on the front porch playing with an exercise bike or on the back porch watching the neighbor's horse. Another highlight was driving into town to pick up the mail, stop by the park and visit the little market store. Kenyon still talks about wanting to go back to the store. This simple life almost makes me want to move to a small town... and then reality slaps me in the face! Not for this city girl!
One of their favorite parts was visiting "the farm," or grandma's neighbor's house. All kinds of animals were to be found.
Waiting to see the animals
Baby goat
Baby calves
Horse
Not pictured: puppy dog that loved to chase Kenyon around and around in circles.
Devin likes to play with his hair as he falls asleep. While we were there, he would want his pacifier and he would start playing with Great-Grandma's hair. Cracked us up!
I love the memories we were able to make. I spent time every summer of my childhood staying with my grandparents and I am so thankful my kids got to experience it.
2 comments:
I'm glad you got away for a vacation after all! :) Looks like a great one!
SO FUN!! I LOVE that picture of Devin and your grandma!! That is the CUTEST thing EVER!! :)
Post a Comment