I have suffered from insomnia every now and again, but being pregnant, it has been at an all time high. It is so frustrating to lay in bed and feel so tired, but not be able to sleep. So I get up, check email, clean bathrooms, call Jeremy (thankfully he works nights!), listen to my kids talking in their sleep and so much more!
Last night was real bad so when the kids woke up this morning and I felt CRANKY, Dunkin' Donuts to the rescue! We headed to the gas station/donut shop before 7:00 so we could make it to the bus stop by 7:30 am. I admit, I hid my head when I saw a man from our neighborhood walk in... I mean, what mother in her right mind hauls her 3.5 kids to Dunkin' Donuts at that hour of the day?! Only one who is 9 months pregnant - less than a month to go!

3 comments:
:( I'm so sorry. IT'S NOT FAIR that pregnant moms should not be able to sleep. They should be able to get a month of completely, solid, restful sleep before that little one comes & takes that away.
BTW - I'd love to hear your plans on delivery. You planning on the all-medicated route, or natural - or somewhere in-between?
Hang in there for this last month. I always say the last month or 2 of pregnancy is slow motion & then the next year is fast-forward.
LOL Love the picture in my mind of you hiding from the neighbor!
So sorry you are struggling with insomnia. That is miserable! Does melatonin help any?
Heidi -- I agree with you. Last month or two is definitely slow-mo, and now it flies by so fast I could cry! Our youngest is 8 months and I could swear I just birthed her 2 months ago. :(
That's the worst. I'm waking up at 5:30 when Justin goes to work and can't get back to sleep. Then we have to get up and function all day. That's hard! You can take Benadryl, you know.
Post a Comment