Sunday, December 19, 2010

Santa is Watching...

Although Kenyon prayed last night that he would not be on the naughty list, they sure don't act like they care that Santa is watching.

First, Maya cut off a braid. This has always been my worst fear and I thought at 5, almost 6, years old we were safe. Who knows what she was thinking! Thankfully it is in a spot that I can rebraid and you won't even notice.

Then, Kenyon was sent to bed early tonight for... I can't even remember what. We had sent him to time-out so many times that I finally sent him to bed instead. He was protesting, but fell quickly asleep in this position:

Christmas better come quick or there won't be any good kids left in this house. We pulled out the "Elf on the Shelf" book and elf today so we can remind them that the elf is watching and reporting back to Santa. Please let it work!

4 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Ok - that pic of Kenyon is PRICELESS! isn't it amazing how angry you can be at your little one & then you see them sleeping & oh what little angels they are :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that is SO cute of him!!! and funny of Maya...that dosent seem like her! Yea, I hear ya...Mason kinda could care less that Santa is watching. He still knows Santa will bring him toys...ugh, I would love to teach him he WONT! But Im not THAT mean!

Katie said...

Your children's behaviors sound just like my house! Is it the season? The full moon? Kids? I don't know but my mantras of:
- You must obey
- You must be kind
- You can't HURT anyone in our family

Just don't work. I also have a sneaky little boy. This is a new behavior and I've not found an effective method of dealing with a sneaky kid.

ugh!!!!

Denice said...

I am so behind on blogs...

Thank you so much for the Christmas card! You have such a gorgeous and sweet family..can't wait until the new little one comes a calling! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!